Do you create Table Types Data Dictionary object just to declare the internal table variables in Web Dynpro Attributes section?
Most of our young guns do not hesitate to create as many table types as needed without pondering if we have an alternative way to achieve the same result without crowding the data dictionary repository. 🙂
One of the most commonly done activity is to declare a table type which is used only once in the Attribute declaration. Say, you already have a data dictionary structure but you want to define an internal table. You can use the same structure. Just add TABLE OF or STANDARD TABLE OF <structure name>. You will get a warning message “The type TABLE OF <structure> doe not exist” or “The type STANDARD TABLE OF <structure> doe not exist”. Just hit return/enter key one more time and you are good.
In the above screenshot ZEMAIL_ATT_TAB is a table type and ZEMAIL_ATT is a structure. We could have avoided the ZEMAIL_ATT_TAB table type declaration in SE11.
Hope you would use this information going forward (if you are not doing already).
If you want to get such practical issues and resolutions straight to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you liked this post, please hit the share button at the left side of your screen.
Thank you very much for your time!!
Our series on Web Dynpro ABAP
1. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part I : Overview of Web Dynrpo
2. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Create your first Web Dynpro Application
3. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Display a simple tabular output in Web Dynpro
4. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part IV : Show and hide UI elements dynamically in Web Dynpro
5. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part V : ALV display explaining Component Usage in Web Dynpro
6. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VI : Add custom buttons programmatically to the ALV output tool bar/header
7. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VII : Personalization and Customization in Web Dynpro
8. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part ZZ : Export an EXCEL file with data in cell formatted excel sheet with colors, borders, filters in Web Dynpro
9. Is data element WDY_BOOLEAN and Flag (Char1) same for Web Dynpro ALV? : Trick to create checkbox in ALV
10. Taking one step back after EhP7.4, does it make sense for Web Dynpro UI? : Getting back the old look and feel after EhP740 upgrade
11. Can we avoid Table Type declaration for Attributes section in Web Dynpro?
to be updated..
Image source: via Free Stock Photos foter.com