In the previous post we saw how someone can personalize the Web Dynpro screen to hide and unhide screen UI elements or fields. After we recovered the hidden field, our business asked us, ‘Can we prevent the users from hiding the screen fields?‘ In simple terms, business wanted to disable Personalization of Web Dynpro screens in portal.
The answer from an ABAPer: “Yes, we can handcuff them”. 🙂
We need to set parameter ‘WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION‘ to the Web Dynpro application.
Let’s add the parameter and save and activate our application.
Now, the User Setting option is not available. Your screen is locked for any personalization.
Happy Business Team !! Poor Users.. 🙂
If you want to get such practical issues and resolutions straight to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you liked this post, please hit the share button at the left side of your screen.
Thank you very much for your time!!
Our series on Web Dynpro ABAP
1. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part I : Overview of Web Dynrpo
2. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Create your first Web Dynpro Application
3. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Display a simple tabular output in Web Dynpro
4. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part IV : Show and hide UI elements dynamically in Web Dynpro
5. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part V : ALV display explaining Component Usage in Web Dynpro
6. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VI : Add custom buttons programmatically to the ALV output tool bar/header
7. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VII : Personalization and Customization in Web Dynpro
8. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part ZZ : Export an EXCEL file with data in cell formatted excel sheet with colors, borders, filters in Web Dynpro
9. Is data element WDY_BOOLEAN and Flag (Char1) same for Web Dynpro ALV? : Trick to create checkbox in ALV
10. Taking one step back after EhP7.4, does it make sense for Web Dynpro UI? : Getting back the old look and feel after EhP740 upgrade
11. Can we avoid Table Type declaration for Attributes section in Web Dynpro?
12. Disable User Personalization in Web Dynpro Screen.
to be updated..
Image source : www.123rf.com