Both wdy_boolean and flag are data element of type char1. Does it mean both are same?
Straight talk today. Let me show you two outputs of the same Web Dynpro ALV which has three fields; to put my point. Three columns in an ALV are: Plant, Plant Name and a one character Flag say ‘Set‘.
a) Let us first define the data element as Flag for the one character field ‘Set’ in the context definition. Look at the output ALV.
b) Now, let us define the data element as WDY_BOOLEAN for the same one character field ‘Set’. Mark the output ALV again.
Do you see the difference?
The second output shows that the “Set” field is displayed as checkbox.
Did it light something?
So, whenever you need a checkbox in an interactive ALV, just set the field as WDY_BOOLEAN and you are all set to get a checkbox as an output. Isn’t it cool? 🙂
Please leave your message below and we would be happy to respond.
If you want to get such practical issues and resolutions straight to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you liked this post, please hit the share button at the left side of your screen.
Thank you very much for your time!!
Our series on Web Dynrpo ABAP
1. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part I : Overview of Web Dynrpo
2. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Create your first Web Dynpro Application
3. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part II : Display a simple tabular output in Web Dynpro
4. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part IV : Show and hide UI elements dynamically in Web Dynpro
5. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part V : ALV display explaining Component Usage in Web Dynpro
6. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VI : Add custom buttons programmatically to the ALV output tool bar/header
7. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part VII : Personalization and Customization in Web Dynpro
8. Let’s Web Dynpro. Part ZZ : Export an EXCEL file with data in cell formatted excel sheet with colors, borders, filters in Web Dynpro
9. Is data element WDY_BOOLEAN and Flag (Char1) same for Web Dynpro ALV? : Trick to create checkbox in ALV
10. Taking one step back after EhP7.4, does it make sense for Web Dynpro UI? : Getting back the old look and feel after EhP740 upgrade
11. Can we avoid Table Type declaration for Attributes section in Web Dynpro?
Image source: via Free Stock Photos foter.com