Welcome to the future of SAP User Interfaces. In these years, SAP has released many solutions to enhance the user experience on their application like SAP Web-Dynpro, SAP GUI Theme Customization and Screen-Painter. But in 2013 SAP FIORI 1.0 was released and revolution of UI had begun.
What advantages does SAPUI5 provide to the developers?
1. Say no to old-fashioned UI!
It is Open source under the Apache 2.0 license by SAP. SAP and Open Communities must have professional resources to research and developing over and over to keep it updated perfectly.
2. Fully compatible with SAP HANA Platforms
SAPUI5 offer standards for HANA Database connection, back-end technology integration support, SAP Business Intelligent and much more.
3. Create your own Custom Fiori Apps
Be limitless with developing your own custom application on SAP HANA Platform. Select the theme you want from SAPUI5 or you can redesign elements using CSS classes.
4. Mobility experiences on devices like tablet or mobile phone
SAPUI5 has many Libraries you can choose and you can combine plenty of android-iphone elements for your application. Design your device flexibility application through components in SAPUI5
5. Beautifully UX Icons just for you
Have you ever been confused which icon you should use for one element, does it match with other elements? Don’t worry! I also experienced that. SAPUI5 icons is the solution.
This is one of the shortest posts in SAPYard. This is our first stop in the beautiful journey of learning SAPUI5. Hang on with us and we promise our transition from normal ABAPer to UI5 Developer would be smooth, engaging and fun-filled.
Also Read: ABAP for SAP HANA Tutorials.
If you want to get such useful articles directly to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you liked this post, please hit the share buttons and like us on facebook.
Please add your comments and criticism below and help us improve. Please do not hold back!! If you want to add more information/correction to our post, please let us know. We would be happy to update our article for the benefit of all readers and our developer community.
About the Author: Yoppie Ariesthio
Yoppie is a graduate in Computer Information Systems. He is an enthusiast in SAPUI5 and SAP HANA Technical. Currently, he is working full-time in the area of SAPUI5 and loves to share his knowledge gained at his work.
Find more about him on LinkedIn.
Step by Step Tutorials on SAPUI5
- Journey to SAPUI5
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part I. How to Consume Custom OData in SAPUI5 Application
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part II. Routing and Navigation in SAPUI5 Application
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part III. Drop Down in SAPUI5 Applications (2 Methods)
- SAPUI5 Tutorial. Part IV with WebIDE. Routers and Routing in SAPUI5
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part V. Navigation in SAPUI5 without Routers
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part VI. Using Fragments in SAPUI5 Fiori Applications
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part VII. An ABAPer’s First SAPUI5 App in SAP WebIDE
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part VIII. Deploy my First SAPUI5 App in WebIDE
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part IX. Alternative to oModel.setSizeLimit()
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part X. Using Media Queries in UI5 Application
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part XI. An ABAPer’s Second SAPUI5 App
- SAPUI5 Tutorial with WebIDE. Part XII. SAPUI5 Basic Debugging for Beginners
- Routing and Navigation in SAP UI5 – Theoretical Explanation Part 1
- Routing and Navigation in SAP UI5 – Theoretical Explanation Part 2
Also, Check Step by Step Tutorials on SAP Fiori
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part I. System Check, Installation and Configuration
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part II. End to End Implementation of Fiori App
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part III. Flow Chart to Enhance Standard SAP Fiori App
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part IV. How to change non-English Default Language in Fiori Launch Pad?
We have a very active Telegram SAP Technical Group. Please join it using below link.
Telegram SAP Technical Discuss Group.
WhatsApp had the limitation of 256 members per group and we were finding a hard time syncing and maintaining information in multiple WhatsApp group. Therefore we have moved to Telegram as it can accommodate more than 10,000 users. Please join.