MLICHECK and SAPLIKEY are the two tables concerned with License Key.
MLICHECK table is only used for SAP BASIS/WEBAS 6.40 and below.
SAP_LIKEY table is for SAP products running on Netweaver 7.
SAPLIKEY (new licenses)
– Contains data for the new SAP-licenses
– Table exists since Release 700 (Netweaver 2004s)
– Table also exists in data dictionary therefore, it can be exported/imported with R3trans
– New licenses cannot be shown/installed with command line tool ‘SAPLICENSE‘
MLICHECK (old licenses)
– Contains data for the old SAP-licenses
– Table exists in all Releases
– In upgraded Release 700 systems, there can also be used old licenses
(the old license do not expire after upgrade, check button ‘new/old license’ in transaction ‘SLICENSE’)
– There are NO entries in data dictionary for this table therefore, it cannot be exported with R3trans
– Old licenses can be shown/installed with command line tool ‘SAPLICENSE‘
– Can be exported with db specific tools
Let us check how the table and the t-code look like.
Storage of SAP License Keys in table SAPLIKEY:
T-Code SLicense: SAP License Administration.
Hope this info would be useful to some folks.
If you want to get practical issues and resolutions straight to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you like our page, please hit the share button.
Thank you very much for your time!!