SAP ACTIVATE is the combination of SAP Best practices ,tools for an assisted implementation and agile methodology to simplify the adoption of SAP S/4 HANA .
What does it offers?
– Provides best practices for Integration, migration and configuration for SAP S/4 HANA .
– Accelerates the initial implementation of SAP S/4 HANA and is designed to support continuous innovation.
– Has ready to run business processes with reference solution optimized for S/4 HANA.
– Support different starting points for the customer to adopt SAP S/4 HANA – new implementation, system conversion and landscape transformation.
The whole concept of SAP ACTIVATE is based on deliveries in the below areas :
- SAP Best Practices
- Guided Configuration
- SAP Activate Methodology
Each of these three areas brings its own dimensions to SAP Activate for SAP S/4 HANA:
SAP Best Practices:
– For a immediate start in cloud , it provides reference solution .
– Best Practices for integration and Migration to S/4 HANA.
– Provides ready to run business processes optimized for S/4 HANA containing OLTP and OLAP .
– Content awareness and history -know context and what has been configured .
– Tools for an assisted implementation for the initial implementation and to innovate continuously and adapt agilely even after go live.
– More cohesion in IT and business via clear business processes .
SAP Activate Methodology:
– Designed for partners extensions and sap engagement .
– One agile methodology for any deployment mode -cloud, hybrid,on premise, mobile .
One question that might come to our mind would be where is SAP ASAP Methodology and what happens to it?
ref : SAP ASAP Methodology for Implementation is the SAP roadmap for implementing SAP solutions in a cost-effective, speedy manner.
ASAP provides a proven, repeatable implementation methodology to streamline projects and achieve lower total cost of implementation (TCI).for more about SAP ASAP
please refer to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8032 .
As per SAP’s official statement at SAPPHIRE – “The SAP Activate methodology supersedes ASAP methodology for implementation”.
There will be no further content enhancements made to ASAP 8 going forward as all the new implementation methodology assets will be made available through SAP Activate framework.We will make further announcements in early 2016 about when the ASAP content will be removed from SAP Service Marketplace as it is now fully superseded by SAP Activate methodology.
Phases of SAP Activate Methodology:
We’ve worked to bring in the simplicity of cloud implementation while retaining content required for on premise projects. We’ve struck a balance using these four phases:
- Prepare. The project is initiated and planned, including quality and risk plans. The system environment is set up, including best practices for ready-to-run processes.
- Explore. The customer team explores SAP solution capabilities while the system integrator researches the customer’s business. Together, they use fit/gap workshops to identify the configuration and extensions that best meet customer requirements.
- Realize. The team configures and extends the system, based on prioritized the requirements captured in the Explore phase. Configuration and build are done in short cycles, ensuring regular validation and feedback from the business. Structured testing and data migration activities ensure quality.
- Deploy. Final preparations before cutover to production ensure that that the system, users, and data are ready for transition to productive use. The transition to operations includes setting up and launching support, then handing off operations to the organization managing the environment.
We were not sure how much this topic would be interesting to you all, so we did not go in detail. Let us know if you like it, we can write part 2 of the same with more details on each area.
If you want to get practical issues and resolutions straight to your inbox, please SUBSCRIBE. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.
If you liked this post, please hit the share button and also like us on facebook.
Thank you very much for your time!!
image courtsey – http://cdn.cenews.com/2015/05/CS_Firms-in-Focus/01-01-Firms-in-Focus-Illustration.jpg