The SAP Fiori Launchpad Language is German. How to change it to English?
Recap SAP Fiori Tutorial Part III: 3 Flow Charts to understand the concept of Enhancement of Standard Fiori Apps.
Imagine you are a developer at the United Kingdom and suddenly you are assigned to a project which runs from Germany or France or Portugal etc i.e. non-English speaking countries. You think, what’s the big deal? ABAP language is common and you would be able to handle it.
Being a Fiori developer, your first task is to fix, why do users in the UK get the Fiori Launchpad in German?
You log into client’s Citrix/VPN and see the below log on in German.
You are quick to guess, may be the default language in the GUI Logon Pad is DE-Deutsch (German) therefore you see German in the Fiori Launchpad as well.
Let’s take a look at SAP Logon Pad You are right. The Logon Pad’s default language is indeed DE (German).
You have done this many times. You change the default language to EN (English) following the below steps.
When you click OK, it would ask for the below confirmation. Hit OK again.
Now, re-launch the Logon Pad.
Yipeee!! The default language is changed to EN (English).
You are proud that you solved the case within 2 minutes. Let us check the Fiori Launchpad again. We expect the language to change to EN as we have changed the default language in the SAP Logon Pad to EN.
Ooopsss!! The Fiori Log On Pad is still in German. 🙁
Lesson learned: SAP Log On Pad and Fiori Launchpad has no link. 🙂
Now you take the seriousness of the issue. You dig here and there and finally, you reach at www.sapyard.com and find this post. 🙂
The default language of the Fiori Launch Pad is because of the default language set in the internet explorer (or firefox/chrome etc).
To change the Default language in Internet Explorer, we need to follow the below 3 Steps:
- Click Tools in Internet Explorer.
- Click Internet Options and click languages under General Tab.
- You would see the German Language as the first option. Just move English (which is not the first option) to the top using the arrows or move up, move down buttons.
Hit OK, OK and relaunch the internet explorer for the Fiori Launch Pad.
The magic worked. Now the Fiori Launch Pad is in the language you know. Have fun with the Flowers (Fiori means Flower in Italian). 🙂
Always wanted to learn SAP ABAP for HANA? But did not know where to start? Check these HANA ABAP Tutorials.
So…What Do You Think?
Now we want to hear from you.
What do you think of this of this issue? If you ever work on a global project with implementation going on in different continents, you are bound to face the Language issue. We used to face the translation issues in our ABAP reports, SAPScripts, SmartForms and Adobe. Now it is the turn for the Fiori Apps.
Whether you faced such issues or not, please leave a quick comment below.
Check Step by Step Tutorials on SAP Fiori
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part I. System Check, Installation and Configuration
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part II. End to End Implementation of Fiori App
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part III. Flow Chart to Enhance Standard SAP Fiori App
- SAP Fiori Tutorial. Part IV. How to change non-English Default Language in Fiori Launch Pad?
Also, check HANA-ABAP Tutorials
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part I. First Program in ABAP HANA
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part II. ADT Eclipse and HANA Studio
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part III. Debugging in ADT
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part IV. Core Data Services
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part V. Deep Dive into CDS Views
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VI. New Age Open SQL ABAP 740
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VII. SQL Script and SAP HANA Stored Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VIII. ADBC – ABAP DataBase Connectivity
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part IX. AMDP – ABAP Managed Database Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part X. AMDP with SELECT OPTIONS
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XI. Are Native SQL and Open SQL Competitors?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XII. Open SQL, CDS or AMDP, which Code to Data Technique to use?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XIII. Sample Functional Specification of HANA Project
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XIV. HANA Ready, HANA-tization & HANA Plus
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XV. Expose CDS Views as OData Service through Annotation
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVI. HANAtization
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVII. ATC – ABAP Test Cockpit Setup & Exemption Process
- SAP ABAP on HANA: Part XVIII. SALV IDA (Integrated Data Access)
We have a very active Telegram SAP Technical Group. Please join it using below link.
Telegram SAP Technical Discuss Group.
WhatsApp had the limitation of 256 members per group and we were finding a hard time syncing and maintaining information in multiple WhatsApp group. Therefore we have moved to Telegram as it can accommodate more than 10,000 users. Please join.